Ginger lemonade is a delicious refreshment with a spicy note that tastes good not only in summer. We’ll show you a delicious recipe for the thirst quencher on cold and hot days.
Ginger has many healthy properties and is versatile. You can make ginger tea, ginger water or ginger oil from it. Especially on warm days, ginger ale is a delicious refreshment. Pay attention to the organic quality of the tuber or try to grow ginger yourself. So you know exactly that ginger is free of pesticides and other chemical pesticides. Because they should not get into your lemonade.
Ingredients for ginger lemonade: the healthy soft drink
Ginger is hot and healthy
Ingredients for a litre of ginger lemonade:
- one large, untreated lemon in organic quality
- 80g brown sugar or some organic honey
- 30g to 45g ginger root (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1l water
- Mineral water at will
Ginger lemonade: Recipe for imitation
- First you have to put the sugar into a blender and turn it with a few turns to icing sugar. If you prefer to use honey, add it at the end.
- Then cut the lemon and the ginger into coarse cubes – the peel remains on both.
- Then add the cubes to the sugar in the blender and mix until you get a creamy paste.
- Now add the still water and mix again.
- Finally, pour everything through a sieve into a carafe or bottle and cool the lemonade.
The ginger lemonade can be kept for several days in the refrigerator. You can add ice cubes and lemon slices and pour mineral water over the lemonade.