You can easily make your own chocolate. With just a few ingredients and a few simple steps you can make this delicious candy at home. You can vary it according to your taste.
Make your own chocolate: Recipe with 5 ingredients
You can buy all kinds of chocolate at the supermarket – but homemade chocolate tastes much better. You also know what the ingredients are. For two bars of chocolate, you need these ingredients:
- 100 g cocoa butter
- 100 g baked cocoa
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
Alternative: Instead of industrial household sugar you can also use cane sugar, honey or agave syrup. Sugar substitutes such as erythritol or xylitol are also suitable.
In addition to the ingredients, you will also need these utensils:
- a small pot,
- a large pot
- and a chocolate mold.
Tip: You can get cocoa butter from an organic food store or health food store, for example. Make sure that you buy both them and the cocoa in organic quality and fairtrade. When you buy organic food, you can be sure that important ecological standards are met. Cocoa is also one of the foods that you should buy fairly, as the working conditions on conventional plantations are often very bad.
Step-by-step instructions for homemade chocolate
If you stick to the following basic recipe, nothing should go wrong with your own chocolate:
- Fill the larger pot with water and put or hang the smaller one in it. Put the cocoa butter in the small pot and increase the heat. While stirring, melt the cocoa butter until it is completely smooth and no more lumps can be seen.
- Stir in the cocoa, vanilla sugar and salt. Add the sugar or your chosen sugar substitute and stir until the mixture is creamy.
- Fill the chocolate into matching chocolate moulds and let cool in the fridge.
Alternative: If you don’t have any chocolate moulds or don’t want to buy them, you can simply spread the warm chocolate mass on baking paper and let it dry.
If plain chocolate is too boring for you, you can refine it. To help your imagination, you’ll find some inspiration here:
- Dried fruits: cranberries, raspberries, raisins
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflowers
- Nuts: hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts
- Crumbled biscuits
- Jelly babies
- Chocolate lentils
- Chilli flakes
- Grated coconut
Pour the ingredients of your choice into the chocolate as soon as it is creamy. Then let it cool down as described above. For a special taste experience you can combine different toppings.