Oatmeal diet is one of the most popular diet around the world. It is claimed to be one of the healthiest. And, It is a very fast diet to lose weight. By following oatmeal diet plan you can lose up to four kilos in only one week.
As you can understand from its name, its basic meal is oatmeal. It requires to take 900 calorie in a day. In addition to being a fast weight loss diet, It also helps lower the cholesterol. It also reduces the risk of getting cancer.
Before learning about the oatmeal diet list, let’s have a look at the benefits of oat.
The nutritional value of oats
What is the nutritional value of oats?
In 100 gr of oats, there is;
- Carbohydrate: 63.29 gr
- Protein: 12.53 gr
- Fat: 7 GR
- Fiber: 5.43 gr
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Potassium: 348 mg
- Calcium: 54 mg
What are the benefits of oats?
- It is very effective in weight loss thanks to soluble fibers it has.
- It helps prevent breast cancer.
- It prevents diabetes by regulating blood sugar. Therefore, it is recommended for those who have diabetes to consume lots of oats.
- Oat is good for those who have constipation problems.
- It is beneficial for heart problems.
- Thanks to magnesium in the content of the oats, it is very helpful to treat the pain of the menstrual period.
- The oat diet makes it easy to lose weight regularly and healthily.
Facts about oats and oat products
How healthy is oatmeal? For a long time, oatmeal was not popular, but in recent years it has been very hot. It contains healthy nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. And many even call it a superfood. It has a good composition of essential proteins, making it suitable as a vegetable protein source. In addition, the only cereal that collects oil in the seed. Oats contain beta-glucans. A unique soluble dietary fiber that helps to lower LDL cholesterol – also known as bad cholesterol.
Gluten in Oatmeal
Oats are a cereal from the grass family that is hardly processed and hardly contains gluten. But through the processing process it can come into contact with gluten-rich cereals such as barley, rye and wheat. If you have to eat completely gluten-free due to celiac disease, then know that there are several manufacturers that offer 100% gluten-free oats. It must be clearly stated on the label that it is 100% gluten-free oats.
Oats and Weight Loss
Oats are rich in carbohydrates, but they are slow (complex) carbohydrates. It therefore fits well in a responsible diet. Your body needs slow carbohydrates because they are well saturated and an important energy source. In contrast to fast carbohydrates, slow carbohydrates are consumed more slowly by your body. That means fewer high peaks in your blood sugar level. Oats are a good energy source that is well saturated. The blood sugar level remains stable and the amount of fiber contributes to a healthy intestinal flora.
Oatmeal Diet Plan
If you regularly apply the oatmeal diet, you can lose up to 4 kilos in a week. Because the best diet is the diet that is applied in a healthy way. Now I’m going to share a diet program that will help you lose you 4 kilos in six days.
- Breakfast: Put milk and honey into a bowl of oatmeal and stir in the bowl. You can consume tea or coffee, provided that it is free of sugar.
- Lunch: Put yogurt in half a bowl and stir in the same proportion. You can also consume bananas or blueberries.
- Dinner: 1 piece grilled chicken breast, lean and unsalted salad and half-cup of oatmeal.
- Breakfast: Put milk, strawberries or peaches into half a bowl of oatmeal. You can drink tea or coffee without sugar.
- Lunch: Slice 1 orange into half a bowl of oatmeal. You can consume steamed vegetables.
- Dinner: Green vegetable dish with olive oil, lean and unsalted salad, half bowl of oatmeal. You can also consume sugar-free pudding for dessert.
- Breakfast: Put milk, raisins, dried apricots in half a bowl of oatmeal and stir. You can also consume sugar-free tea or coffee.
- Lunch: Boil a piece of boiled broccoli into a half bowl of oatmeal and stir in spinach. You can consume blueberries.
- Dinner: Vegetable meal with olive oil, lean and unsalted salad, half a cup of yogurt into the oatmeal.
- Breakfast: Put milk in half a bowl and stir. You can also consume sugar-free tea or coffee.
- Lunch: Slice one carrot into half a bowl of oatmeal. You can consume boiled broccoli.
- Dinner: 1 grilled fish, plenty of green lean and unsalted salad, half a cup of oatmeal.
- Breakfast: put blueberries, raisins, dried apricots in half a bowl of oatmeal and stir. You can also consume sugar-free tea or coffee.
- Lunch: Place a banana in half a cup of oatmeal. You can consume steamed vegetables.
- Dinner: 1 piece grilled chicken breast, lean and unsalted salad, half cup oatmeal.
- Breakfast: Slice the banana into half a bowl and mix it with milk. You can also consume sugar-free tea or coffee.
- Lunch: Put the boiled spinach in half a bowl of oatmeal. You can consume blueberries.
- Dinner: Vegetable meal with olive oil, lean and unsalted salad, half-cup oatmeal. You can also consume sugar-free pudding for dessert. Enjoy it.
What to eat along with oatmeal?
Oats can be consumed alone and can be consumed with other nutrients. However, it will not be very good for your taste when consumed alone, especially those who are new at this diet or who meet the first time with the oatmeal, it would be more beneficial to mix and consume the oats with other nutrients. You can consume milk, raisins, dried apricots, peaches, apples, bananas, strawberries, spinach, yogurt, lettuce, oranges, carrots and many other useful and light foods along with oats.
Image Source: Pexels