Karatay Diet, also known as Canan Karatay Diet is founded by Turkish Heart Surgeon Canan Karatay after years of scientific researches. It is very popular in Turkey and getting more and more popular all around the world.
It is getting many praises from its followers and considered to be easy to follow and effective in weight loss. Many followers confirm that the weight you have lost through this diet is permanent. Karatay diet consists of foods that are rich in protein. Thanks to these foods, you will not feel much hunger.
Breakfast in Karatay Diet
The most important meal of the day is breakfast. You must have a strong breakfast. You must eat at least two boiled eggs for breakfast. You can increase the number according to your needs. The important thing about the eggs is that they should not be over boiled.
Why is breakfast so important?
Well, this is totally related to the rate of metabolism. If you eat well in the morning, your blood sugar stays balanced and your metabolism can work in a normal way. When you stop having breakfast, your metabolism adapts itself to save energy and slows down. This process ends in storing fat in your body.
Things to Consider
If you have decided to follow karatay diet, you must pay attention to these points.
- You must drink water at least 8-10 glasses a day.
- Exercise is very important. Daily 40 minutes of walking is recommended.
- You must not drink alcohol or fizzy drinks.
- You must eat meals that are low in salt and high in vinegar.
- The meals must be cooked in low temperature for longer times.
- After 8:00 pm in the evening you must never eat anything.
- You must not include bread, potato or rice in your meals.
- You can eat walnut, nuts instead of bread to feel satisfied.
- You must consume fruit in moderate amounts, that is, one portion a day at most.
- You must eat boiled egg, nuts, walnuts for breakfast.
- There must be 2 or 3 meals a day but there must be 4-5 hours time between the meals
What to eat
According to this diet, you can not lose weight by counting the calories you take. You are free to eat almost anything as long as they are healthy. You are free to eat healthy foods until you get satisfied. Here are the things you can freely eat in karatay diet.
- Bulgur, raw carrot
- Dried fruits with low glycemic index, prunes, apricots
- Pear, apple, quince, tangerine, strawberry, plum, cherry, orange etc.
- Natural chicken, raw natural products, bacon, eggs
- Home-made yogurt, buttermilk, soda, at least 2 liters of water per day,
- Turkish coffee and filter coffee
- Hazelnut oil, olive oil and butter
- Salad, vegetables, legumes, meat and fish
- Only drink tea, herbal tea, mineral water and ayran after 19:00 – 20:00 (do not eat anything)
- Walk at least 30-45 minutes daily
What to avoid eating
In karatay diet, you are strictly banned from eating these foods.
- Sugar and sugar added foods, sweeteners and diabetic products.
- Cooked carrot, potato and rice.
- Grapes, watermelon, melon, figs
- Sausages, chicken and egg that you have bought from the market.
- Fizzy drinks, alcohol, diet drinks and fruit yoghurt
- Milled grains
Karatay Diet and Weight Loss
Let’s talk about the most important point of karatay diet plan. How much weight can you lose by applying this diet? The followers claim and confirm that they can lose up to 5 kilos of weight in two weeks. We must also remind you that with this diet style you won’t get the weight you lose back. At least this is what the followers say.
Sample Diet Plan
Karatay Diet Breakfast List
- 1 boiled egg or 2 egg omelets.
- 5 to 15 olives
- 1-3 slices of white cheese
- Walnut or hazelnut in order to suppress the hunger
Karatay Diet Lunch List
- 1 cup of ayran
- Vegetable dishes with olive oil
- Salad (with olive oil)
- If you are not very hungry at lunch time, you can consume a portion of fruit or nuts, walnut instead of a full meal.
Karatay Diet Dinner List
- 1 bowl of yogurt
- Chicken Meat or grilled chicken (red meat, provided you do not overtake)
- Salad with olive oil
Pros and Cons of Karatay Diet
Canan Karatay Diet is a low carb and a rich protein diet. In this diet system, you can lose weight fast, and you do not need to starve or fast to lose weight. You can eat almost anything as long as they are natural and unprocessed. But in protein-rich diets, there are some drawbacks. For example, excess protein intake may increase uric acid and harmful cholesterol levels.